That about sums up today for me. Heart Swells.
I have had some pretty dark days. I know everyone has…I had a dark season. Yet now that season seems so long ago and believe or not hard to remember.
Today was one of those days where the dark season seems so far away and the heart swell are abundant.
Here are just a few of the moments of heart swells.
- getting to the bus stop and noticing that our little neighbor has gotten taller…realizing its been 3 years with the same morning smiles. Waving good-bye as I drive off to work and L mans the bus stop.
- a mid-day text from a brownie mom asking talking about cookies and camp and just thinking about how lucky I am to be “leading” these girls for another year
- scoring the approval for another project– yes sometimes my heart swells at work. Being appreciated, closing the deal for your team, making it happen. It makes me happy.
- picking up my soccer carpool. these girls can really be the highlight of my week. the 45min drive home is just full of simple problems. lots of laughs. it’s grounding. tonight we had dinner together– and freaking them out that I messed up their order, talking about being “grounded”, just made the night that much sweeter
- eating dinner in a packed smashburger filled with so many familiar faces. It was our school fundraiser night- another thing my fundraiser partner/neighbor and I put together- but it’s more than that its the smiling faces, the hugs, the catching up…this is my community. It’s our version of CHEERS.
- a simple email from a friend that wasn’t so simple. the lasting connections I have made along the way.
- MB running out of the room on the phone with TB to strategize on my “surprise”
- reading 2 perfect cards from the love of my life
It’s funny as I read back over that I realize that 80% of these things happen every day.
The new normal. I will take that. A new normal full of daily heart swells.
I am very lucky. I am very blessed. Life is good. Life is great. I can’t wait to see what the next 35 years bring.
Happy Birthday to me.