Twas the night before 2011.
We are still away from home, visiting family in the cold.
We slept in till well past 11am. Unheard of I know…not sure why but we just can’t manage to get ourselves out of bed.
Then we got up had some lunch…checked out an Apple Store, the next phase in our photo taking/editing hobby.
Back for a quick run for me…it warmed up enough I could do the run outside, but the wind was a killer. TB threw out his back throwing the kids around last night…meaning once again he had to miss a training day. I am dreading the pain he will be in when we finish the half.
Now I sit here and think about my 2010 resolutions.
Unfortunately I wrote that post down on a blog I had to shut down since it was invaded by my ex, but I was able to track them down.
1. The standard lose weight (I set a goal of 20lbs…) – I can’t get on a scale to confirm or deny this, but I know I didn’t make the 20lb mark. However, I don’t really care about the scale as much as I did before. I don’t get on it very often. It is about how I feel…and for sure my body has changed a lot in 2010, thanks to my running and the Arizona lifestyle. So as I reflect I have done one better than this resolution…I have made a life change about my health and fitness.
2. Run a 10K with Melissa. Well I didn’t get this one…thanks Melissa!!!! But I did manage to run a lot of 10K’s by myself…and hit the 10 mile mark just this week. Next year I will get Melissa out to join me for a race..or at least a bottle of wine! Miss ya!!!!
3. Try 20 new recipes. DONE! Some of the favorites were the white bean chili, turkey soup, peppermint bark
4. Visit 10 new places. Done. Now I think when I wrote this I planned 10 major places..new cities, etc…we didn’t quite make that, but I did manage to hit 10 small little stops along 2010….and we definitely didn’t spend too much time sitting around at home. Even little Ms. MB managed to get preferred status on the airlines…
5. Reduce my divorce debt…a consistent work in process, I made some major strides in 2010. Finally have stopped paying out bills, at least for now. And I have made a major dent in the debt incurred. With some smart money management, I have a plane in place and am making progress each month. Not as fast as I wish, but since it took 3 years to build, I can’t expect it to be gone in less than that.
As I look at my goals for 2010 I have to kinda laugh…where I was at the end of 2009 is so different than where I am now. Satisfied. Settled. Happy. Content.
So as I look forward to 2011 goals….there isn’t much missing from my life. What a great spot to be in.
I was thinking I would write my 2011 resolutions in this post, but I need to think about those a little bit longer.
For now I am going to sit back and enjoy the sounds of a crazy house full of kiddos…and look forward to picking up my little one tomorrow and heading home with the family.
If you like me…you can vote everyday!