Just like that.
No bells or whistles. A couple of nice bottles of red. Hanging out with my love and his family, watching Tin Cup.
Then the ball dropped….and it was 1/1/11.
We spent 1/1/11 heading home. We picked up MB from her dad’s and caught our flight back to AZ. Back to the sun…and surprisingly cold. TB and I had managed to get a friend to pick up Indy and I had begged the kennel to open for us even though they were closed…so we came home to our littlest one, which made us all happy.
A late night run to In-n-Out for the 3 of us and I had to smile. Sitting in In-n-Out, eating, talking, laughing. I could tell that MB and TB felt the same way that I did…we were HOME, and it was good to be HOME.
So now what to do with 2011.
I really don’t know….I am still focused on my goal carry-over from 2010. My first half-marathon is in 2 weeks. 2 weeks! TB hasn’t gone further than 5 miles and I am starting to get worried about him….not that he won’t get it done, but the recovery with so little training. Me, on the other hand, am feeling pretty good. I know it is going to be tough. I know I am going to a walk a little bit here and there…but I am excited for the challenge and I can honestly say I love running. Today as I did 5 miles and conquered the hill that brought me to tears in 2010 I thought…when I am done with my training this will probably be my regular run. A massive mountain climb, 5 miles total, 60 min or so out running. My regular workout- who would of thought.
So while my head is totally focused on that….I know there are some things I want to do better in 2011.
- I want to do more with photography. I want do play around more and get creative, both in the images and the post processing.
- I want to continue to cook more, from scratch. Try more new recipes. Continue to put more fruits and veggies on the plates.
- I want to find a new job. Time for a change. Time for more growth. Time to get energized. (I leave that side of my life off the blog, but those in my real life know that is time for a change)
- I want to get out and explore AZ more. Try new restaurants. Do more hiking. Explore.
- Continue to make amazing memories with my lovebugs, strength the bond that has filled my heart in 2010.
That last point is probably the most important and my biggest commitment to 2011. I do that all for my little one. Tonight as we enjoyed a little R&R time in the hot-tub I asked MB what her top 5 things were in 2010.
There was playing with friends, going sledding, playing hide-n-seek, and then she said goofing around with TB.
Really when you think about it, isn’t it really just that simple. Shouldn’t we all be able to review the year for us with similar things.
So my overall promise for the year is that when we sit in the hot tub next year and think about 2011 that MB, TB, and I will have a simple list of fun times with friends and family and US that will consider our best moments of 2011
Click to vote every day!