I’ve never been away from the blog this long. There has just been so much going on and time in front of the computer is not one of them. The tv too for that matter I think my DVR might explode soon.
So what’s been going on. Here’s a recap of the highlights
- we redid our guest bath and MBs bathroom hopefully a before an after post will come up later this week. Loving how it turned out
- we have started putting the finishing touches on our bedroom
- MB had a solo speaking part in her first grade musical which was really cute hoping to share the video soon
- I’ve started a reformer Pilates class and love it when I can find time to go
- MB tried out and made the competitive soccer club. We couldn’t be prouder. It was all her decision from wanting to try out to joining the team. TB and I are quickly learning as much as we can about the club. Should be an interesting year
- MB had her first chess tournament win at the Governors cup. In fact she finished up with 2 wins and I was even more proud she beat a kid who tried to bully her in to letting him cheat. Guess he didn’t learn it was a gentleman’s game.
- My daisy troop bridged to brownies and we had a twilight camp at the zoo to celebrate the end of the year. It’s been such a treat to watch these girls grow the last 2 years and am so happy we will continue together next year.
- The heat is on and we are enjoying lots of sun and pool time.
- MB and TB headed to the father daughter denim and diamonds dance. More to come on this one
- TB and I got away to Vegas for a weekend with friends. Great food. Relaxing by the pool. Was a perfect little getaway
- the lovebugs surprised me with a fun mothers day weekend. Complete with a scavenger hunt made by Maddie. Totally my girl.
- MB had a great year end school party and melted our hearts as the teacher said lets thanks the moms which prompted MB to say and dads (TB was there manning the photo booth) followed by her looking around the room and then saying oh I guess my dad is the only one here- and then sweetly giving TB a hug and whispering in his ear “you’re the best”. He really is.
- and many more hugs, smiles and memories with family and friends and just us as we wrapped up another school year and brought home a 2nd grader.
we have a busy summer planned but hoping to have a little bit more downtime (and blog time) as work gets back to normal and our house projects ease up.